Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Question on craft paints on canvas?

I got a %26quot;worlds greatest grandpa%26quot; shirt on clearance that came with paint for making handprints. I have been waiting till my little one was big enough to work on this and finally-he is and a holiday is here to boot! But I didn%26#039;t find a shirt form his Nana. I looked at some tshirts, none would work. So I went with a small canvas tote bag for her. I figure she will use it daily and it won%26#039;t get washed as much. Grandpa will likely put his shirt in a glass case for fear of hurting it-LOL. My question-can I use the paint for the shirt on the canvas tote bag? The paint is for fabric and I have a list of instructions for how to apply it and care for the shirt-I assume it will work the same on the bag. I also went for a small bag so the fabric is tighter-I thought a large bag with more %26quot;play%26quot; would crack and damage the paint. It%26#039;s our first big mother-son art project!

Question on craft paints on canvas?
Just make sure you use actual FABRIC paints. If you use regular, craft acrylic paints, it will chip off. It will also make the bag very stiff. Good luck to you!!
Reply:I have used fabric painted on canvas bags and I have it washed in the machine before and it turns out ok. ( I did however, turned the bags inside out and put it in a %26#039;laundry bag%26#039; before sticking it in the wash. ) Another idea for you : how about aprons for nana?



kmdi

No comments:

Post a Comment