Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Wardrobe Makeover/Beginning after being in the Military... can anybody offer any fashion tips, advice?

After finishing up over 4 years in the military, I%26#039;ve noticed my wardrobe needs a complete makeover. I never had a reason to buy nice clothes before(Uniform and combat boots was all i needed) , but now that I will be going on job interviews and possibly getting a job in an office type setting, I need a complete wardrobe makeover. The brand of clothes I have now are a little to young for my age (I%26#039;m 24) . I have brands like baby phat, rocawear, eckored and lots of sweats!! LOL ..


So I need to step it up to brands like bannaa republic, JCrew stuff like that but they are quite expensive and I%26#039;ve noticed their cuts of fabric for the ladies on the small side (I%26#039;m 5%26#039;6 145) Are there other retailers that offer the same quality nice /business type apparel without being so expensive and ones that offer various different sizes to accomadate women over a size 4? Also I don%26#039;t want to dress to to old, but professional and trendy. Maybe %26quot;What not to Wear%26quot; can help?? LOL


thanks guys/gals!

Wardrobe Makeover/Beginning after being in the Military... can anybody offer any fashion tips, advice?
Thanks for serving! I was in for 11 years, so I know how you feel. My husband was in 25 and retired and bought 12!!! white shirts! He%26#039;s been through remedial wardrobe training now, though.


Do you look better in WARM colors:


ivory, tomato red, peach, orange, rust, golden yellow, lime, kelly, olive green, aqua, turquoise, teal, bright purple, caramel, chocolate brown, and gold jewelry? or


COOL colors:


white, pinks, cherry red, coral, lemon, mint, jade, hunter green, baby, royal, or navy blue, lavender, eggplant, gray, black, and silver jewelry?


Buy a few pantsuits and/or skirt suits, in neutrals from %26#039;your%26#039; group.


Add shoes that match the slacks or skirts [ black with gray, navy, or black; dark brown with brown, caramel, beige. ]


Buy tops in %26#039;your%26#039; brights or pastels, so the pretty colors are next to your face. Consider fitted Ts [ esp. with crochet, lace, embroidery, subtle beading ], wraps, and twinsets, and turtlenecks.


Save tanks, camisoles, halters, and logo or picture Ts for weekends.


Invest in some good jewelry, and buy a nice dress for the Christmas party!


Try:


JCPenney


Chadwicks


Newport News


Spiegel...all online,


and the sales or outlet section of department stores.
Reply:First, thank you for your service.It is appreciated.Now, the biggest piece of advice I could give you is don%26#039;t get caught up in trends.Stick with the classics.Straight leg trousers, nice mid-length skirts,button up shirts.A little more reserved.You sound very sensible so I%26#039;m sure you%26#039;ll make solid choices.You want clothes that will stand the test of time.Pinstripes will always be fashionable, as will a well cut suit!Best of luck to you in your new pursuits!



dental

No comments:

Post a Comment